Welcome to the University of North Texas Clarinet Studios, a thriving community of performers and educators dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in all endeavors.
UNT CLARINET FACULTY - Daryl Coad, Kimberly Cole Luevano, Deborah Fabian, John Scott, & Greg Raden.
We are tremendously proud of our students’ recent achievements:
- Sam Day was named a Semifinalist in the 2018 ICA Young Artist Competition.
- Ting-Wei Chang was a Semifinalist in the 2018 Young Texas Artists Competition.
- Kyle McKay was named Accounting Services Manager at Kelly CPA in Dallas and was also hired as Operations Assistant for DFW Musicians Services/Metroplex Musicians.
- Pedro Garcia was second prize winner in the Ricco Ethics Award competition.
- Karen Bronson, Lucas Willsie, and Vanessa Davis performed and presented at the 2018 Clarinet Colloquium at Texas A&M University Commerce.
- Erin Cameron was appointed a faculty position at The Walden School in Dublin, New Hampshire.
- This summer, many of our clarinet students will attend summer music festivals including: Eighth Blackbird Creative Lab, Rocky Ridge Music Festival, Cortona Sessions, Festival MusicAlp, Selmer Clarinet Academy, and Hot Springs Music Festival.
- UNT undergraduate and graduate clarinetist Music Education graduates have a 100% job placement rate.
Our alumni teach in colleges and universities throughout the U.S. and perform in service bands and symphony orchestras throughout the U.S. To learn more about their accomplishments, visit the Alumni tab.
We are proud to host a wide variety of guest artists on campus.
Past artists have included: Jeff Anderle (San Francisco Conservatory), Christopher Ayer (Stephen F. Austin State University), Diane Cawein Barger (University of Nebraska-Lincoln), Chad Burrow (University of Michigan), Wesley Ferreira (Colorado State University), Ricardo Freire (University of Brasilia), Denise Gainey (University of Alabama- Burmingham), Victoria Luperi (Principal Clarinetist of the Ft. Worth Symphony Orchestra), Johnson Machado (Federal University of Goias), Eric Mandat (Southern Illinois University), Mark Nuccio (New York Philharmonic), Jeremy Reynolds (University of Denver), Mark Simons (McGill University, Montreal, Canada), Robert Spring (Arizona State University), Elsa and Walter Verdehr.
We welcome high school clarinetists to join us June 26-30, 2018 for our 7th annual ClarEssentials workshop, where students have the opportunity attend and participate in masterclasses, clinics, and recitals. Please click here for more information.
Thank you for visiting and please contact us with any questions you may have.