Check out our 2019 TMEA Presentation on Sound Fundamentals HERE.
CURRENT STUDENTS: Please check here for important information and documents.
Welcome to the University of North Texas Clarinet Studios, a thriving community of performers and educators dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in all endeavors.
We are tremendously proud of our students’ recent achievements:
- Brandon Pace won a position with the U.S. Navy Fleet Bands.
- Katie Rice and her bass clarinet duo, Laissez Pair, will be premiering a new work at the 2019 ICA ClarinetFest in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Alex Strader will be a Teaching Artist for the Musaid program in El Salvador.
- This summer, many of our clarinet students will attend summer music festivals including: the Lyric Opera Academy in Italy, Fresh Inc, the Belgian Clarinet Academy, and the Buffet Summer Clarinet Academy.
- UNT undergraduate and graduate clarinetist Music Education graduates have a 100% job placement rate.
Our alumni teach in colleges and universities throughout the U.S. and perform in service bands and symphony orchestras throughout the U.S. To learn more about their accomplishments, visit the Alumni tab.
We are proud to host a wide variety of guest artists on campus.
Past artists have included: Jeff Anderle (San Francisco Conservatory), Christopher Ayer (Stephen F. Austin State University), Diane Cawein Barger (University of Nebraska-Lincoln), Chad Burrow (University of Michigan), Wesley Ferreira (Colorado State University), Ricardo Freire (University of Brasilia), Denise Gainey (University of Alabama- Burmingham), Victoria Luperi (Principal Clarinetist of the Ft. Worth Symphony Orchestra), Johnson Machado (Federal University of Goias), Eric Mandat (Southern Illinois University), Mark Nuccio (New York Philharmonic), Jeremy Reynolds (University of Denver), Mark Simons (McGill University, Montreal, Canada), Robert Spring (Arizona State University), Elsa and Walter Verdehr.
Thank you for visiting and please contact us with any questions you may have.